Sunday, October 16, 2011

Northanger Abbey

With this, I have read all of Jane Austen :). The only sad part is that I perhaps read some of them too early to appreciate them. I read Emma when I was 14, and I think that was too early an age. There is an age and a time to read certain books. I possibly had access to too many books that were beyond my level of maturity at a very early age. I remember reading the Grapes of Wrath while still in school. I remember feeling depressed by it. With Jane Austen, I think the trouble is that I have missed the characterization. While still in school one cannot appreciate the thought process of a twenty something woman. Things that seemed like trivia back then now looks serious enough. Funny, isnt it ? When you are young, you can just say things, or imagine saying things, just like that. As one gets older, there are more and more restrictions on what can be said. There are so many things to consider. So many people to consider. One really has to grow quieter as one grows old :).. I digress..

Good book, as Jane Austen is, always. Enough has perhaps been said and written about it anyway that I possibly wouldnt add even $0.02 with anything I say. So I am going to leave it unsaid :P

No comments:

Post a Comment