Sunday, June 26, 2011

White Fang

I wonder why I chose this book, given that I hate dogs. Usually, even the cutest looking members of the canine family leave me unmoved, so it was surprising that I liked the book enough to finish reading it. Perhaps that shows how good Jack London is as an author.

White Fang is not a cute dog - it is a cross between a dog and a wolf, and is a feared and ferocious creature. Yet when you see things from his side with the help of a powerful writer like Jack London, you start to feel for the dog-wolf, to the point where at the end you are sickened by the thought of it being shot to death. Strange that I would have such feelings for a mere dog. 

Totally recommended, for people who like classics :) Oh, and for people who like dogs, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment